Friday, May 1, 2015

7th Reading

Dover Beach- Matthew Arnold: 
Now, I must admit I'm not a fan of poetry. The whole beating around a bush to state a simple point is not one of my favorite things. I think they can beautiful but a waste of time. I tried to pick a poem relatable. Whenever doing an analysis I find something relatable to be a lot easier. To view something as so beautiful only to lose faith in it and see nothing but sadness truly is a disturbing moment. To gamble with love means you deal with imperfections. I think for Arnold to realize that love will give you so many incorrect visions of what it could be and realize that's not always going to happen is realistic and I love it. That's where he brings faith in. Faith in your relationship to let yourself deal with your partners issues and treat them as your own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment